Khela Medical Limited, trading as Private Medical Clinic, is dedicated to delivering the highest standards of care and customer service to all Patients. In the event that our service falls short of expectations, we are committed to attentively addressing and resolving complaints promptly. We acknowledge any mistakes made and take corrective actions to enhance our service. The complete complaints policy is provided to Patients, their affected relatives, or representatives when concerns are initially raised regarding any aspect of the service received.
Our complaints process consists of three stages:
Stage 1 – Local Resolution:
- Complaints can be raised verbally or in writing to Private Medical Clinic, preferably as soon as possible or within 6 months of the event or the complainant’s awareness of the matter. Complaints can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acknowledgment of a written complaint will be sent to the complainant’s provided postal address (or via email) within 2 working days.
- A thorough investigation, including detailed case review and statements from relevant staff, will be initiated. The response to the complainant, whether the complaint was made verbally, in writing, via text, or email, will be direct.
- A comprehensive response to the complaint will generally be provided within 20 working days. If the investigation is ongoing, updates will be sent to the complainant every 20 working days. The goal is to complete stage 1 within three months.
- If dissatisfied with the stage 1 response, the complainant may escalate to Stage 2 in writing within 6 months of the final response at Stage 1.
Stage 2 – Complaint Review:
- An acknowledgment of the escalated complaint will be sent within 3 working days.
- An objective review, typically led by a senior staff member not involved in stage 1, will be conducted. This involves a thorough examination of documentation and may include interviews with relevant staff.
- A review of the investigation and the response at stage 1 will be provided.
- The staff or team from stage 1 may be invited to make a further response for potential resolution.
- Consideration will be given to a face-to-face meeting or teleconference between the complainant and those involved in the stage 1 response.
- A full response on the outcome of the review will be provided within 20 working days. Updates on ongoing investigations will be sent every 20 working days. The aim is to complete the review at stage 2 within three months.
Stage 3 – Independent External Adjudication:
Complainants have the right to an independent external adjudication at Stage 3. Requests should be made in writing to The Independent Sector Complaints Adjudication Service (ISCAS) within 6 months of receiving the Stage 2 decision letter. Complainants must have gone through Stages 1 and 2 before accessing Stage 3. ISCAS will direct complainants back to the Provider where appropriate. Complainants need to sign a ‘Statement of Understanding and Consent’ for Stage 3 access.
To contact ISCAS:
- By Post: ISCAS, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 7536 6091