Taxi Medicals UK
We offer Taxi medicals across the UK provided by our GMC-registered doctors.
Taxi drivers, like other professional drivers, are required to undergo medical examinations to ensure their fitness to drive and the safety of themselves and others on the road
When is a Taxi Driver’s Medical Required?
The regulations governing these medicals are particularly strict due to the nature of their profession. Here are some situations in which a taxi driver’s medical examination is necessary:
- First Group 2 Licence Application
- Renewal of Group 2 Entitlement at Age 45
- Limited Licence Holders Applying for C1/C1/D1 Entitlement
- New Group 2 Provisional Entitlement Application
- Ongoing C1 and D1 Entitlement Renewals at Age 70
What is Required for a Taxi Medical?
The medical documentation required for your council’s taxi driver includes:
- Council’s taxi driver medical form
- Driving licence/passport/photo ID
- Proof of address
- Glasses/contact lenses (if used for driving) and prescription
- Information on medical conditions
- Records of consultations with any medical professionals
- Information on regular medication
- Full medical records or a medical summary as specified by your council
What’s Involved in a Taxi Medical?
All professional drivers including hackney carriage, Uber and private hire car drivers need a taxi driver medical that meets their council’s standards. Driver medicals take 15-20 minutes to cover your medical history review, blood pressure check and eye test. Sometimes further tests are required to meet your council’s criteria.
Occupational Health Assessment
HGV (D4) Medical
Fit to Fly Assessment
Letters (inc. sick Notes & referrals)
Our Private GPs
Private Medical Clinic is proud to be led by a team of experienced and compassionate medical professionals. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare services to our patients.
Each team member brings a wealth of experience, expertise, and compassion to their roles, ensuring that our patients receive the highest standard of care possible. From our skilled doctors and specialists to our attentive administrative professionals, we work collaboratively to create a seamless patient experience.
Dr Simon Khela
Consultant Private GP
Dr Simon Khela is an experienced private GP and the medical director of Private Medical Clinic. He has a special interest in lifestyle & functional medicine.
GP with Specialist Interest in Women’s and Sexual Health
Dr Jayawardena is an experienced private GP with specialist training in obstetrics and gynaecology.