Vitamin D Injections Birmingham
Private Medical Clinic provides Vitamin D Injections in our Birmingham clinics. Vitamin D is a vital fat-soluble vitamin with a substantial role in enhancing the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the intestines. These functions are critical for sustaining strong bone health and a resilient immune system.
£95 per dose
Supports the immune system
Vitamin D Testing
Although vitamin D is essential for our health, our bodies don’t always efficiently absorb the required amount. Surprisingly, a study has unveiled that 1 in 4 people in our country is deficient in vitamin D. Check your vitamin D levels at one of our clinics
When should you consider Vitamin D injections?
While vitamin D can be acquired through dietary sources and exposure to sunlight, there are instances when supplementation becomes essential. You should contemplate vitamin D injections when:
- Meeting your recommended daily vitamin D intake through food or sun exposure is a challenge.
- Your medical conditions or baseline vitamin D levels suggest a deficiency.
- Difficulties in absorbing vitamin D from food arise due to poor intestinal absorption.
- You favour the efficiency and efficacy of vitamin D injections.
What’s involved in a Vitamin D treatment?
Ordinarily, vitamin D treatment comprises three intramuscular injections per year, administered at designated intervals. Nevertheless, the precise dosage varies according to individual patient considerations, including medical conditions and baseline vitamin D levels. A standard vitamin D injection typically contains 300,000 IU of vitamin D3.
It’s worth emphasising that for individuals with severe vitamin D deficiency, the advantages of vitamin D injections frequently surpass those of oral supplements. This approach proves particularly advantageous for individuals with dark skin, kidney issues, or absorption challenges.
Symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency
Insufficient vitamin D levels can elevate your vulnerability to various health issues, such as heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, and depression. Look out for these potential indicators suggesting you might require more vitamin D:
- Persistent fatigue and low energy
- Emotional low spirits
- Eczema-related symptoms
- Aches and discomfort in muscles and bones
- Weakness in muscles
- Hair loss concerns
- Overall sense of unwellness
- Impaired cognitive functions
Occupational Health Assessment
In-Clinic GP Consultation
Video GP Consultation
Telephone GP Consultation
Vitamin D Injection
Vitamin B12 Injection
Vitamin D injections offer a multitude of benefits, including:
- Encouraging bone development
- Maintaining strong bones and preventing bone loss
- Alleviating bone pain, muscle aches and inflammation
- Boosting the immune system
- Lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Enhancing mood and reducing anxiety
- Reducing the risks of heart disease, obesity and cognitive decline
Dr Simon Khela
Consultant Private GP
Dr Simon Khela is an experienced private GP and the medical director of Private Medical Clinic. He has a special interest in lifestyle & functional medicine.
GP with Specialist Interest in Women’s and Sexual Health
Dr Jayawardena is an experienced private GP with specialist training in obstetrics and gynaecology.
Naima has a wealth of experience and dedication to providing high-quality patient care with a compassionate approach to nursing.
Shamila’s nursing approach is based on compassion and a sincere desire to improve the lives of others. She is motivated to care for patients’ needs.