Influenza Vaccination in Birmingham
At Private Medical Clinic, we understand the importance of staying protected against the flu, especially in the current times. Our private flu jab services in Birmingham and Sutton Coldfield offer a comprehensive solution to safeguard you and your family from the unpleasant complications caused by the flu.
The importance of the flu vaccine
Ensuring your flu vaccination is more crucial than ever before. This step is essential not only for your personal well-being but also for the greater community’s health. Our commitment is to assist you in preparing for the upcoming flu season.
Why should you get a Private Flu Vaccine Annually?
The most effective approach to safeguarding yourself and those around you from the flu is to receive the flu jab each year. As time goes on, your immunity naturally wanes, and flu strains can evolve. Consequently, a prior year’s flu vaccination might not provide adequate protection against the strains prevalent in the current year.
How Effective is the Flu Vaccine?
While no vaccine can guarantee absolute immunity, receiving a flu shot significantly bolsters your protection against both contracting and transmitting the flu to others. Following the inoculation, it typically takes about two weeks to achieve immunity.
What to expect from your flu vaccination
At Private Medical Clinic, we make the process of getting your flu jab as smooth as possible. Our experienced GPs administer the vaccination in the upper arm, and while some side effects might occur, they generally tend to be mild and short-lived. The most frequently encountered side effects encompass:
- Redness, tenderness, or bruising at the injection site
- Elevated body temperature, sweating, chills, or a general feeling of being unwell
- Headaches, fatigue, or dizziness
- Muscle or joint discomfort
Chickenpox Vaccine (Two doses given 8 weeks apart)
Yellow Fever Vaccine (Includes Certificate)
Hepatitis A (Booster after 6-12 months)
Typhoid (Covers for 3 years)
Diptheria, Tetanus & Polio (Covers for 10 years)
Hepatitis B (Course of 3 vaccines – £195)
Rabies (Course of 3 vaccines – £195)
Japanese Encephalitis (Course of 2 vaccines – £250)
Meningitis ACWY (Covers for 3-5 years)
Cholera (Course of 2 vaccines)
Whooping cough vaccine (Pertussis) (Pertussis combined with D/T/P)
- Quadrivalent Injected Vaccine
- Suitable for adults between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Recommended for individuals with an increased risk of complications due to other health conditions.
- Adjuvanted Trivalent Injected Vaccine
- Designed for people aged 65 or over.
- Offers enhanced protection against the flu.
- GP Recommendation
- Our GPs will recommend the most appropriate flu vaccine option for you during a convenient and easy booking system.